Winter storms can range from a moderate snowstorm to a blinding blizzard that can last for several days. Many winter storms are accompanied by treacherously low temperatures, strong winds, icing and freezing rain. Regardless of the severity of the storm, you should be prepared if you want to remain safe during these events.
• Listen to your local news for updates. It’s also a good idea to have a NOAA Weather Radio handy with plenty of fresh batteries.
• Make sure all fuel-burning equipment is vented to the outside.
• Bring your pets inside where it is warm.
• Protect yourself from frostbite and hypothermia by wearing several layers of warm and loose-fitting clothes. Make sure you have a first aid kit to treat those conditions if they become a problem.
• Avoid driving when the conditions become severe. Especially avoid driving in freezing rain or drizzle unless it is an extreme emergency. If travel is necessary, keep a Disaster Supply Kit in your vehicle.
4 Person Guardian Preparedness Package
This Package is designed to fill all of the preparedness needs of 4 individuals by providing emergency supplies for the home, car, and one other location. This package also includes a 56 Serving Grab ‘n Go Bucket of Wise Food Storage